The oldest operating McDonald’s restaurant is a drive-up hamburger stand at 10207 Lakewood Blvd. at Florence Ave. in Downey, California, USA. It was the third McDonald’s restaurant, and opened on August 18, 1953. It was the second restaurant franchised by Richard and Maurice McDonald, prior to the involvement of Ray Kroc in the company, and it still has the two original 30-ft “Golden Arches” and a 60-ft animated neon “Speedee” sign that was added in 1959. The restaurant is now the oldest in the chain still in existence and is one of Downey’s main tourist attractions. Along with its sign, it was deemed eligible for addition to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, although it was not added because the owner objected.
Girls outside McDonalds, 1967.
Andy Warhol eating a hamburger, 1981
1990 McDonald’s Halloween Pails Commercial